Aquired by BURNDY®
in 2013, Connector Manufacturing Company (CMC®
) was established in the early 1940's and relocated to Cincinnati when present management purchased the company in 1976. Founder and CEO Bill Boehm was active in the industry for over 50 years, and was the former president of a major electrical connector manufacturer before acquiring CMC®
CMC®'s Utility sales effort originated with a brand label agreement in 1978 with a major transformer manufacturer to market secondary transformer and pedestal connectors through their sales force. The sales agreement was concluded at the end of 1983, at which time CMC® assumed all direct sales and marketing responsibility.
CMC® is a full line manufacturer of aluminum and copper connectors, offering both mechanical and compression designs. Products are marketed to utility companies, original equipment manufacturers and commercial/industrial accounts. In addition to its utility products, CMC® manufactures connectors for meter socket terminals, load center neutral bars, switch gear terminations, commercial panel boards, circuit breakers, motor controls and pole line hardware, wind energy products, solor energy products, and enclosures.
CMC® has three primary sites totaling over 206,000 square feet of production, warehouse and office facilities. Headquarters are located in Ohio with branch locations in Alabama, and Mexico.